Please visit https://afrlscholars.usra.edu/students/ to begin the application process.
Documents for Application Upload
To expedite the application process, please have the following ready when you begin your application:
- Current contact information
- An updated resumé
- Unofficial transcripts from all schools you have attended
- Recommended: Contact the individual(s) whom you would like to write your letter of recommendation, letting them know an email request will come at a later date.
Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
According to Air Force Instruction 33-332, personal information is defined by the Department of Defense as: information about an individual that identifies, links, relates, or is unique to, or describes him or her, e.g., social security number (SSN); age; military rank; civilian grade; marital status; race; salary; home/office phone numbers; other demographic, biometric, personnel, medical, and financial information, etc. Such information is also known as personally identifiable information (PII) (i.e., information which can be used to distinguish or trace an individual’s identity, such as their name, social security number, date of birth, place of birth, mother’s maiden name, or biometric records, including any other PII which is linked or linkable to a specified individual)
Do not upload any documents that contain Personally Identifiable Information (PII). For steps on how to block PII, see below:
- Using Adobe Acrobat Pro, you can format your documents by using “Mark for Redaction”
- Go to the Protection Tab under Tools and select “Mark for Redaction.” Redaction allows you to permanently black out and remove sensitive content.
- Highlight any text considered PII.
- Click on “Apply Redactions.” Note: Redactions are not applied permanently until you select “Apply Redactions.”
- If you do not have access to Adobe, use a permanent black marker and mark through any text considered PII on your transcript records; then scan into your computer and submit in a PDF format.