AFRL Scholars Professionals
Early career graduates work in synergy with Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) professionals across directorates and departments to meet current needs. Outside of the traditional sphere of science and engineering, the program extends to include Business Administration, Cybersecurity, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Psychology, and other disciplines. Scholars Professionals (SPs) pursue mentor-developed research conducted under the supervision of a Kirtland Air Force Base (KAFB) mentor. They conduct research on-base at KAFB full-time for one year (with the possibility of renewing for up to three years). At the conclusion of year one, professionals showcase a capstone deliverable that is discipline appropriate.
- One-year appointment, renewable annually
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Contribute to the U.S. Department of the Air Force
- Work with AFRL professionals across multiple disciplines to meet future workforce needs
- Conduct high caliber, in depth research
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) majors and entrepreneurial pursuits such as Business Administration, Psychology, Education, and Law/Policy are included in the program
Scholars Professionals will be located at Kirtland AFB. As additional base locations are added, this information will be available in the online application system.