All applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- A grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale is highly encouraged for all applicants. Note: A grade point average of less than 3.0 on a 4.0 scale will not disqualify applicants.
- Must be a US Citizen; program is not open to non-Citizens or Permanent Residents
- Must be enrolled or accepted at an educational institution taking at least half-time academic course load leading to a degree or certificate for semester immediately preceding internship session. Note: This does not apply to professional educators.
- Must be in good academic standing
- Must be at least 16 years of age (by session application deadline) and have a valid Government issued ID
- Must be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) for summer internship positions
- Must be willing to temporarily relocate to physical work location
- Must be able to take personal responsibility for arranging transportation to and from worksite each day. Note: Scholars should not rely on transportation from anyone who does not already have base access. Program administration will not be responsible for making additional arrangements on a scholar’s behalf to provide suitable transportation.
- Must be able to pass a background check, potentially resulting in a Secret Security Clearance or higher.